Don’t know your NQF from your NQS? You wouldn’t believe how many services we see and professionals that we meet, that don’t know the difference. Sometimes we meet people that have never read the Standards, don’t know the National Law or haven’t seen the Early Years Learning Framework.
We don’t think that is good enough if you want to own and operate an early learning service or if you are in day to day change or, work with children. We can help in understanding the legal frameworks and requirements for you and your team. This will include coaching the team through the process to ensure a great result and a quality program for children and families.
It’s vital that you know the National Quality Framework is made up of three individual documents: the National Quality Standard (NQS), the National Law (2011) and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
It’s equally vital that you have read these documents and they are in use in your service every day. In short, the following describes the three documents:
- The NQS are the quality areas, standards and elements that your service and team will be assessed on by your authorised officer. The rating is the end result after this assessment.
- The National Law is the black and white stuff, you either comply or you don’t, and if you don’t comply you need to fix it immediately because it’s the Law and is there to keep everyone safe. The authorised officer will review this during your assessment and rating visit.
- The Early Years Learning Framework guides and supports the education, program and practice in your service that is delivered by all educators and teachers. The authorised officer will also review the education, program and practice across the service.
Want to know what we can do to ensure you’ve got this.
- Compliance audit, action plan and continuous improvement process.
- Education, program and practice review with a unique educational leader approach.
- Simulated assessment and rating visit.
- Support in preparing for the assessment and rating visit.
- Review the draft assessment and rating report and provide feedback and an action plan.
- Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) development.
- Customised professional learning and development for team members on all aspects of the National Quality Framework, including the National Quality Standard, the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Law.
- Coaching and mentoring of the director ensure the team is doing the right thing; at the right time; with the right resources, and in the right way.
Compliance audit, action plan and continuous improvement process
It’s no secret, our profession is highly regulated and we hear time and time again how hard it can be to remain 100% compliant at all times.
The children in your care, the educators on your team and your families and communities rely on you to have this together.
So we have developed a comprehensive program where we work with you to:
- assess compliance,
- develop action plans to get you compliant, and then
- we show you how to maintain compliance at all times.
Education & Program
Education, program and practice review with a unique educational leader approach
With so many myths about educational programs these days, it’s no wonder teams feel overloaded with paperwork and (false) expectations. This is then often perpetuated by our trusted educational leaders because they haven’t been shown an alternative to the treadmill they often find themselves on.
We will work with your educational leaders to bust those myths and false expectations. We will show them how to develop a system that will help themselves and the team to reduce paperwork and meet and exceed the national requirements.
Sounds great doesn’t it and the end result is educators end up having more time to spend with children.
Simulated assessment and rating visit
Are you one of the services that have not experienced the assessment and rating process or were you in the first year or two and know things have changed a LOT for your service since then? Maybe you want to apply for a reassessment but need assurance that you have improved.
Well you have come to the right place.
Our simulated assessment and rating visit will provide you with explicit data and examples about how your service is currently performing against the Standards. We then back this up with a team meeting to take everyone through the results, then together, with the director, we build a plan for improvement.
Support in preparing for the assessment and rating visit
Assessment and rating is a part of life in our profession however for many it can be a daunting process; especially once you have been advised that it’s all going ahead and the countdown is on.
If you’re feeling a little daunted and are not sure what to expect, Astute Early Years Specialists have developed a six week, step by step guide to get you doing the right thing at the right time leading up to your assessment and rating visit.
Review the draft assessment and rating report and provide feedback and an action plan
Have you received your assessment and rating report and feel cranky, disappointed or just plain confused? Convinced that your service has not been accurately assessed based on their typical performance? It is not uncommon for services to disagree with some aspects of the draft report, and for them to challenge this professionally.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and work this out together.
Together we will work through the draft report and identify the:
- areas of strength for celebration
- areas that require improvement and develop a plan
- areas that can be challenged and what evidence is required for this.
Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) development
How long is your quality improvement plan? Have you spent hours and hours writing the QIP and then collecting books and books of evidence to show the authorised officer when they arrive?
If this sounds like you, then stop!
What you are doing is old behaviour that we all did for accreditation.
Astute Early Years Specialists will show you a new way to document your quality improvement plan that will:
- identify strengths
- identify areas of improvement
- have all the evidence you need
- keep it brief, make it relevant and drive the questions you will be asked on assessment day
Customised professional learning and development for team members on all aspects of the National Quality Framework, including the National Quality Standard, the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Law.
Does your team need professional learning on very specific and individualised Standards or practices? Do you live in a location that makes it super hard (or ridiculously expensive) to send team members to events because relief staff are non-existent or travel time means you would need to close the service?
Just give us a call, we will travel anywhere to help out with any topic area. We just need a bit of time to make sure we can be the very best you need.
Coaching and mentoring of the director ensure the team is doing the right thing; at the right time; with the right resources, and in the right way.
Do you ever have enough hours in the day to get everything done and focus on your families, children and team? When we first meet our directors everyone single one says, “No, of course not!” This type of working life can lead to communication breakdowns, management tasks slipping through the cracks and ultimately a very worn out and stressed director.
Sound familiar? Our coaching and mentoring program may just be solution your service needs. Our coaching program is skills based and will support people to improve what they do, how they do it, when they do it and why they do it. Our mentoring program is relationships based & provides a safe space for critical discussion, support & advice for directors.
Put these together over time and once again, magic happens.
You will become experts at the four D’s.
- Do it
Together we focus on the three A’s: